I’m moving in with my boyfriend this June, and I’ve been thinking for a long time about how to decorate our apartment while staying on a budget. I love design and he doesn’t really care so I’ve been given full aesthetic control (although he will of course have input). I thought it might be nice to show a little collection of ideas that I’ve been thinking about.
1. Dip dye/dye normally boring textiles. Rit has a great tool which explains how to mix dyes to achieve your desired color.
2. Use awesome wallpapers and double-sided tape to define spaces in a rent-friendly way. Grow House Grow, House of Hackney, and Calico Wallpaper have beautiful designs.
3. Make a pot-rack out of pegboard to clear space in the few cabinets we have.
4. Use Washi tape to create colorful designs in another rent-friendly manner.
5. And finally, utilize our window space for growing herbs. There are some great hanging planters which don’t take up much space and allow you to easily grow all those tasty greens.